Wednesday, June 16, 2010

camping- Henry Horton State park

We love camping! well, at least Beka loves camping. Michael is getting more and more into it as they go. He is a good sport, and better at it than he gives himself credit for. And now that it is not so cold we can go and enjoy this BEAUTIFUL state that we currently live in.

We went camping at Henry Horton state park, about 30-45 mins south of Spring Hill. We had a really great time. The drive down was so pretty, and the day was perfect.

Do you like our camera skills? yes that is the hood of our car :)

When we got to the campsite, we baby sat some of our munchkin friends for a bit. Wes is 3 (he also goes by his super hero name, Faster man), and Bailee is 7. They were so much fun to hang out with. Wes wanted to play "checkers" or connect four. He also wanted to play "ten faces" or phase 10. We went on walks, and they helped us set the tent up. Bailee was hammer girl, and Wes was the safety patrol man. We had a ton of fun. They said the darnedest things the whole time! I wish I had a tape recorder. Some of my favorites from Wes were:

Beka: You tired buddy?
Wes: yeah
Beka: you want me to hold you?
Wes: yeah...sometimes when I say I am tired, what I really mean is I want someone to hold me... (so Beka picks him up)
Wes: so, let play what ever I say, you do!

Wes: I have to go pee (points to our friend brian) you can take me!
Brian:......alright, lets go
Wes: sometimes when I have to pee, I just pee in my woods, but this time I will go to the bathroom.

Michael: What's your favorite song?
Wes: Imma be...I dance to it and I do the airplane and the slow robot (and he sure did!). I also like the gotta get get song (boom boom pow by black eyed peas)







Wes and michael playing "checkers"
























We were walking Wes and Bailee's dog trussel at one point (a boxer) and another dog from another campsite lunged towards trussel and broke his tie he was tied up to and came straight at us (and he was a big scary dog) so  I grabbed both kids and michael took the leash and with his food shielded the dog from biting trussel until the owner could wrangle him. It scared everyone and made the kids cry, but no one got hurt. Wes now tells everyone at church that Pastor Michael kicked a dog right in the head! hard!
hahahah, we had a great time, and many adventures, and we hope you have enjoyed them.

No comments:

Post a Comment