Sunday, October 20, 2013

6-19-13 Rosy's Graduation

Do you ever have those moments when you feel old? 

Well our littlest sister, the youngest of us seven, is graduation from high school. Words cannot descirbe what a pleasure it has been watching her grow up. I vaguely remember some of my other siblings being born, but Rosy is different.

I remember being told my mother was pregnant, I remember watching my mother have morning sickness and grow. I remember when Rosy was born, going to the hospital to pick her and mom up, and watching her become the sweet, strong, beautiful woman she is now. I cannot help but get nostalgic as I look at how she has grown, and what this day means.

This is one of my favorite photos of her and my other little sister, Roxanne, on the Ranch that we grew up on. 


And this is my "little" sister now. Beautiful, smart, kind, and so sweet. 














The day of her graduation was a HOT one! But there was one uber cool thing there...this guy. 




It was SUPER weird being at my old high school. I was immediately stressed about missing the bell and being late for class. DONT WALK ON THE GRASS!


After the ceremony we got to see the wonderful graduate in all her splendor! Emery ran to greet his auntie Toad.



Then, as any family on graduation day would do, we took far too many posed family photos. And with how big my family is, it took a while. 

Sisters (and Emery). 


Mother and Father.


Father and Step-mother. 


Mother and step-father. 


Sisters (no Emery). 


Ok, that is not all of them, but that is enough! It's time to party! And by party I mean sandwiches at hime with just the family. Rosy had grad night that night, and her real party was in a few days, so we lived it up! Ow ow! Costco sandwiches for all! crazy times! 

It is not often that all the sibs are in the same state, so we took advantage of this special time with...yep, more photos!


My siblings, Emery (the only grandchild so far...yeah, we own that title...for now), and my sister and brother in law. 







After lunch Emery was SPENT! He napped good. I was jealous. 





Later in the day, while Rosy was on her way to Grad night at Disneyland (jealous, yeah, us too!), we had a family trip to the new buffalo wild wings in town. Emery was cool as ever. He enjoyed spending time with his Uncle "Tibby".


During the meal Emery needed some time by himself. He got out of his seat, went to another table, and sat. I know we are a crazy bunch, but really? 





After some coaxing (aka bribing with food) he came to us again. 







We all ate, laughed, and took turns walking around the patio with Emery. It was such a sweet time.

Rosy, I love you so much. I know you know this, but I thought I would take the opportunity to tell you again. I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!

Love,

Team Oakley. 

No comments:

Post a Comment