Monday, November 12, 2012

10/12/12 Family in town!


We have visitors! Michael's cousin is getting married on saturday and Team Oakley got the privilege of housing our out of town cousins for two nights. I know that may sound like I am being sarcastic, but I am not! We had so much fun with them! 

The main reason it was so fun was that there was a boy around Emery's age! Our cousins Joey and Amy have a little guy names Johnny. He is almost two years old. Emery doesn't get to play with kids his age very much, so he is always thrilled when he gets the chance..... sometimes too thrilled, as you can see through these stories of photos. 

Here is Emery and Johnny watching some Thomas the train (Johnny's absolute favorite!). And yes Emery is rocking the super hero look with his footie pjs. That is how we roll. 




Bottle, Thomas, friend. Johnny was very content to sit nicely want watch Thomas. He was very well behaved. 


But Emery wanted to love on him and play. He kept talking to Johnny in his baby blabber. Don't worry, we will translate for you all. 





"want to play!?!"






"I love you". 





"Hey, did you hear me? I really love you."






"Whoops, I knocked you over with my love".





Johnny patiently sits further away to enjoy his favorite show. 






"Ok, I will come to you." 






"I love you. I am going to pet your head to show you that I love you."








"Then I am going in for a hug! Oh no you moved too fast."


"Ok I will just sit really close to you and watch Thomas."





"Hey you know what we should do? We should play!"





"Maybe if I sit right in front of you then you will play." 






Johnny then patiently (he was so patient and kind with Emery!) went to the castle to watch the movie in peace. 






"Boo! Yay you are in the castle! Let's play in here!" 





"Let me show you this toy. It is so much fun!" 





"I'm going to read this book to my friend Johnny!"





"Hey Johnny, lets play with all these balls!" 









"Are you having fun? You are my friend."








"Mom, I love my friend Johnny." The end. 


Emery did love his friend Johnny, and Johnny was so cute with Emery too. Johnny has a sister coming soon and we know he will be so gentle and good to her, just like he was to Emery. 

After all the play was had, Beka and Emery got ready for the wedding. Michael was going to meet us there. It was kind of a whirlwind getting ready. You have to get yourself pretty, and your baby pretty, pack a purse and diaper bag, pack the car, keep you and baby looking pretty, and many more tasks. Doing it by yourself can the rough. Beka was a bit worried about the whole thing, even though she has done the solo thing many times by now. 

There was nothing to worry about. All got done and they both looked great. Emery was a HUGE part of the success of the morning. He was so corporative and helpful! He kept kissing and hugging Beka when she got him dressed and put his shoes on. He didn't fuss over all the buttons and clip on tie, and he even helped when Beka asked, like, "get me your shoes please" or "can you hand me my hairbrush, please?" He was a champion as always! 

And man is he handsome! This outfit is from his Aunt Robin and Uncle Zach. It came in very handy for the wedding fun! 

Emery was being very patient as Beka gathered all her last minute things, and he was sure ready to go!




He was pretty bored from sitting quietly for so long. 


The wedding was beautiful! There was great flowers, the music was awesome, and overall it was just so special. 

After the wedding Beka and Emery headed over the the reception to dance it up! 

Emery says "YAY!" for dancing! 


Man our son is cute! 



Emery did LOTS of dancing that day. There was a live band, so Emery was in haven. He kept trying to go on stage though. He even met a pretty girl who loved to dance too! He captured everyone's heart on that dance floor. People we didn't know would come up to us and say how adorable he is. Of course we agreed :) I hope none of this bragging becomes annoying, because I don't think its going to stop anytime soon. We are so blessed with an extremely awesome kid. We can't help but tell people how great he is! We tell him too. 



We got to see lots of our family that day. Some of which we don't see more than twice a year. We had a great time being all together, celebrating love and marriage. 













Team Oakley partied hard, as always! 



We loved having family in town. It is always such a joy to be with those you love. The wedding was fun, Emery was a good sport, and he got to play with a friend. It was a good couple of days here. 

Here is you a good couple of days where ever you are too!

Thanks for reading,
Team Oakley















No comments:

Post a Comment